The exec mode show version command displays information about the device, such as:
- the IOS version running on the device
- number of interfaces
- device model
- time of the last reboot
- amount of memory available on the device
Here is an example output of this command executed on a Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switch:
SW1#show version Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASEK9-M), Version 15.0(2)SE4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Wed 26-Jun-13 02:49 by mnguyen ROM: Bootstrap program is C2960 boot loader BOOTLDR: C2960 Boot Loader (C2960-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)FX, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4) Switch uptime is 39 minutes System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is \"flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin\" This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United .... cisco WS-C2960-24TT-L (PowerPC405) processor (revision B0) with 65536K bytes of memory. Processor board ID FOC1010X104 Last reset from power-on 1 Virtual Ethernet interface 24 FastEthernet interfaces 2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces The password-recovery mechanism is enabled. 64K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory. Base ethernet MAC Address : 00:17:59:A7:51:80 Motherboard assembly number : 73-10390-03 Power supply part number : 341-0097-02 Motherboard serial number : FOC10093R12 Power supply serial number : AZS1007032H Model revision number : B0 Motherboard revision number : B0 Model number : WS-C2960-24TT-L System serial number : FOC1010X104 Top Assembly Part Number : 800-27221-02 Top Assembly Revision Number : A0 Version ID : V02 CLEI Code Number : COM3L00BRA Hardware Board Revision Number : 0x01 Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image ------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- * 1 26 WS-C2960-24TT-L 15.0(2)SE4 C2960-LANBASEK9-M Configuration register is 0xF
As you can see from the output above, this command gives us detailed information about the IOS device. Here is a brief description of the most important information:
- Version 15.0(2)SE4 – the IOS version that the device is running
- Switch uptime is 39 minutes – the uptime of the device
- System returned to ROM by power-on – the reason for the last reload of the device (e.g. whether the device was reloaded using the reload command, powered off and on…)
- System image file is “flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin” – the image file of the running IOS
- cisco WS-C2960-24TT-L (PowerPC405) processor – CPU type
- 24 FastEthernet interfaces, 2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces – physical interfaces on the device
- Configuration register is 0xF – the configuration register setting that defines which IOS software and configuration file to load.
Prerequisites for 200-301
200-301 is a single exam, consisting of about 120 questions. It covers a wide range of topics, such as routing and switching, security, wireless networking, and even some programming concepts. As with other Cisco certifications, you can take it at any of the Pearson VUE certification centers.
The recommended training program that can be taken at a Cisco academy is called Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). The successful completion of a training course will get you a training badge.
Full Version 200-301 Dumps